Friday, July 26, 2013

Divine Intervention.

I believe that there is a divine plan and the events of the last few months prove it. When we moved to  West Virginia, I had to figure out a bunch of things...which dentist, hair stylist, who does shoes repair, which paper to subscribe to...and lots of other things you just take for granted when you have lived in a place forever. In my past life as a Realtor in Florida, I used to joke that I was a walking yellow pages!

I needed a tailor to put make two pairs of curtains into one pair. (Because our house has a monster picrture window and I was just too cheap frugal to special order ones that fit). I asked three absolutely unrelated people and they all said "Teresa Carson"

Fast forward to today. I am sitting in the actual location of Flamingo Girl Studio...a space I share with Tailoring by Teresa (yes, the above mentioned Teresa). I really wanted to open a shop to sell my repainted/repurposed furniture but I was more than a little nervous at starting a business in a new town. Teresa has been here forever. She has done her fittings, drop offs and pick ups at many places in town but was looking for a permanent spot.

It just fell into place like it was meant to be! I could not be more happy!


My half of our window display
The shop is open Thursday thru Saturday from 10-5. It is a darling little space (the operative word is little!) so I do all of my painting off site. It has been a lot of fun AND the added bonus is that I am getting to be part of the "fabric" of Charles Town. Moving to a new place has been a challenge and trying to figure out where I fit in has been tough until now.

The shop is crammed full of goodies, the front door is wide open to enjoy the spectacular weather. Life is Good! I am blessed!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love your shop!! Keep me in mind if you find that extra special vintage picnic basket!! Molly https://www.facebook.com/VintageTinCanTrailerLove?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete