Sunday, March 24, 2013

True LOVE



I am the Girl in Flamingo Girl Studio but I sure couldn't do this without "The Big Man". Many years ago I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. My Dad had it, his Mother had it. It is a crappy thing to inherit but I have learned to work around it. A lot of that "work around it" happens with the help of my husband who lovingly gets called The Big Man. I have been crazy about him most of my life, he is a wonderful Father and husband and he is also pretty handy!!! He does all the things that require 'muscle" because the biggest issue I have because of the arthritis is hand strength.

 
(Doesn't The Big Man look like an old rock and roll guy???) 


Did you know that the average woman has a grip strength of 40-60 pounds? Well I am excited to tell you (with the help of a pretty amazing Physical Therapist) I am up to a whopping 15 pounds. Huge improvement from my worst but still kinda puts a crimp in my rehab "style" I need him to do a lot of my cutting and repairs. But I have found a tool that makes a lot of my projects go faster without his help.

This is not a commercial but I really think everyone should have the Black and Decker Mouse in their toolbox! .


It is such a help when I am working on bringing a unloved piece of furniture back to life (and use). It has a little catch bin thingy (that is a technical term) that holds most of the sanding mess. It gives my weak hands the horsepower I need to do what I want. AND it was also very reasonable.

I could not create/repair/rehab the things I do with out both the Big Man and The Mouse! Love them BOTH!




No comments:

Post a Comment