Friday, March 22, 2013

A Plan comes together ...sorta.



Things are starting to fall in place. The people who know me well have always known that I am a creature of habit and I really like order. Chaos makes me cranky, really cranky.



The last 4 years have been quite chaotic. The hubs...lovingly referred to as "The Big Man" only had 2 jobs in 39 years and then he joined the ranks of the unemployed. His first career was in the Navy, we were used to moving but after 27 years in the same spot and 11 in our last house, he was let go from his second career and after 13 months of unemployment got a fabulous job offer and we moved...from sunny Florida to the frozen tundra of West Virginia. I left a place I loved, a career I was pretty good at, everything that makes a place HOME.



I am not complaining, just explaining. In today's world, if you have a job, can pay your bills and keep a roof over your head, you are blessed. We ARE blessed beyond measure but I personally have been at loose ends for quite a while. Going back to Real Estate in an unfamiliar place was not an option. I kinda like staying home and playing June Cleaver...to a point. But boredom had set in, I wasn't getting much done in a day even though I seemed to stay busy. I had no sense of accomplishment.

The third bedroom where I have an office/craft room has been a disaster since we moved into Chateau Stinkbug (that is a subject for another post).  There have been times where walking into it should have required hazardous duty pay. That really isn't like me. I need order. I like order. Order makes me  happy.

I have finally not only gotten the office in order, my painting projects are being completed at a fast pace. this seems to be the start of tying up my loose ends.

To quote Colonel "Hannibal" Smith.......from the A-Team, I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!


No comments:

Post a Comment